Chelsea Peterson was always planning on being a stay-at-home-mom. But, she discovered she had a love for photography when she started playing around with a camera to capture photographs of her children. This hobby has turned into a serious business with Chelsea being one of the most sought-after photographers in Utah for senior portraits.
Like many creative entrepreneurs, Chelsea struggled with undervaluing her services at first. But, now her average session charge is between $2,500 and $3,000. This girl knows business! Along with doing senior portraits, she also provides pricing guidance to other photographers to help them start charging what they’re worth. Her tips are invaluable and can be applied by any creative entrepreneur, not just photographers.
In this episode you will learn:
- The stages a business goes through transitioning from a hobby to a legit legal business
- What things to consider when determining your pricing
- Why the “riches really are in the niches”
- The importance of owning your style
- How the experience you want to provide your customer impacts your pricing
- The legal contracts Chelsea uses to protect her photography business
- Actionable steps to move from side hustle to a series business
Download the FREE episode handout with tips on turning your side hustle or hobby biz into a REAL business!
Get a FREE Creative Business Checklist to help you wrap your head around the legal side of your business.
Find Chelsea at Chelsea Peterson Photography or on social media @cbpphotography