This Intellectual Property 101 tutorial will walk you through the basics in copyrights vs. trademarks and how they most commonly used to protect your original content. Lock these two different tools down so you can go your own IP audit of where you may be leaving some of your original assets on the table.
Creative Counsel Episode 10
In this episode, you will learn
- What is a copyright?
- Does the (c) symbol mean anything?
- How do you register a copyright and does it make a difference?
- What kind of things should you copyright?
- What is a trademark?
- Can trademarks only protect words or logos?
- What if I already have a domain name or a business registration? do I need a copyright or trademark?
- What is the risk in not pursuing infringers?
Want to know more about copyright infringement and how you can “steal like a creative”? Read my post about using movie/song quotes in your business here.
Make sure you’re legally legit with my free legal workbook!
Do you have the contracts you need in place? Take a free quiz and find out exactly what you need for your business at creativecontracts.co.
Or browse through my quick tips and tricks by connecting on Instagram.
Interested in working together for one-on-one legal services? Book some time on my calendar!
*This blog post is not intended as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship. For informational purposes only.