Get the 6-step plan to legalize your indie e-commerce site or Etsy shop so you can run your online product business with confidence and avoid the most common legal mistakes of small business e-retailers.
Creative Counsel Episode 19
In this episode, You will learn
- If you should Incorporate or register your business (refers to L&W episode 6)
- How to do a basic clearance of your business name (L&W episode 10 — more info coming on trademarks!)
- What legal statements/information you need on your site (L&W episode 4) for FYI & CYA
- Setting up proper content ownership policies/copyright workflow with your assets and communicating that to your user
- Email – what you need to know to use email effectively AND legally as an outbound marketing tool
- Some tips for product liability issues, especially children’s products (this is something you will want to consult a local attorney on — ESPECIALLY if you live in the great make-new-law-all-the-time state of CA)
And all the nitty-gritty in between!
Make sure you’re legally legit with my free legal workbook!
Do you have the contracts you need in place? Take a free quiz and find out exactly what you need for your business at creativecontracts.co.
Or browse through my quick tips and tricks by connecting on Instagram.
Interested in working together for one-on-one legal services? Book some time on my calendar!
*This blog post is not intended as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship. For informational purposes only.